Another Starbucks planned for Hollymead
The Miller School in western Albemarle will turn 150 in 2028 and currently has 230 students in grades 8 through 12. The school currently is not in compliance with the zoning ordinance that came along decades after is was originally founded. Now the boarding school has applied for a special use permit to expand to add kindergarten through seventh grade.
“At first, this looks like a strategic partnership with Seven Rivers Day School who will occupy the Haden-Hart building on campus,” reads the narrative written by the firm Line + Grade.
A second phase of expansion would seek to increase the total population to 500 students by creating two new dormitories, building a new gymnasium, and making other renovations.
“It is the intent of the Miller School that when this master plan is realized, the student population will generally correspond with less than 200 boarding students and up to 300 day students,” the narrative continues. (SP20220032)
Here are some other proposed projects in Albemarle County that may not rise to the level of a full news story.
- The owner of a 0.904 acre parcel on Hydraulic Road seeks a rezoning from R-4 to R-15 to build a 14-unit apartment building. (ZMA202200012)
- The McDonald’s restaurant on Stony Point Road is seeking clearance from the Architectural Review Board for a second drive-through. (ARB202200101)
- Another Starbucks is planned for 1815 Fortune Park in the Hollymead Area. (ARB202200102)
- A zoning clearance has been filed for a V & E Auto Tire and Services to operate at 3400 Greenbrier Drive. The tenant had been Rock Steady Boxing. (CLE202200151)
- A new Korean restaurant is slated to open in Stonefield. Doyoung Moon will operate from a space on Bond Street. The materials appear to show this is in the former Rock Salt space. (CLE202200152)
- The former GameStop space in Fashion Square Mall will become Lush Steam Therapy. The materials for a zoning clearance indicate the place will sell “herbal remedies, teas, tinctures, oils, soaps, combined with steamtable therapy, cups, kettles, steam therapy equipment and appliances.” (CLE202200153)
- Brown Collision Center plans to operate in a new location at 1580 Seminole Trail on property currently occupied by Virginia National Bank. That company intends to sell the parcel to S&B Realty Venture in January. (CLE202200155)
- The former Title Max Car Loans business at 1646 Seminole Trail, Suite 104, is slated to become a Better Menswear franchise. (CLE202200157)
Before you go: The time to write and research of this article is covered by paid subscribers to Charlottesville Community Engagement. In fact, this particular installment comes from the December 9, 2022 edition of the program. To ensure this research can be sustained, please consider becoming a paid subscriber or contributing monthly through Patreon.