There are now two Republicans seeking the nomination for the South District seat on the Nelson County Board of Supervisors.
Philip Purvis of Shipman has filed a statement of organization for the seat, which is currently held by Democrat Robert Barton. He joins James C. Bibb, a fellow Republican who turned in his electronic paperwork on January 12.
The four remaining members of Charlottesville City Council have privately selected a shortlist of six people who will move forward to a public hearing Monday to be selected as a replacement for former Councilor Sena Magill.
- Alex Bryant, former executive director of the Ix Park and former executive director of the Tom Tom Foundation (application)
- Former City Councilor Kathy Galvin (application)
- Current School Board member Lisa Larson-Torres (application)
- Twenty-eight year Charlottesville resident Natalie Oschrin (application)
- Former School Board member Leah Puryear (application)
- Former City Councilor Kristin Szakos. (application)